Views:16 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-04-30 Origin:Site
What material is Faux Leather? There are several types of leather on the market, including cowhide, pigskin, Faux Leather and deer skins used by some international brands. Today we will focus on Faux Leather and see what features Faux Leather has!
Faux Leather refers to synthetic leather or other leather-like products that are actually artificially synthesized from basic chemical raw materials. Faux Leather is also called imitation leather or rubber, which is a general term for man-made materials such as PVC and PU. It is made on a woven fabric base or a non-woven fabric base by foaming or laminating various formulas such as PVC and PU. It can be made according to different strength, abrasion resistance, cold resistance and color, gloss, pattern Patterns and other requirements are processed and made. It has the characteristics of a wide variety of colors, good waterproof performance, neat edges, high utilization rate and relatively low price compared to leather. However, most of Faux Leather cannot reach the effect of leather in its feel and elasticity. Longitudinal section, you can see fine air bubbles, cloth base or surface film and dry man-made fibers.
Faux Leather can be divided into 3 categories according to the composition: PVC (polyvinyl chloride), PE (polyethylene), PU (polyurethane), and their chemical products are also different.
The surface of Faux Leather is very delicate, it can be flawless, and it is more durable, but it has certain defects in terms of air permeability.
Features of Faux Leather:
1. Uniform thickness, smooth surface, no natural defects, uniform pores and patterns, and generally no lint in the leather.
2. Uniform texture, no disability, no rough lines, no defects.
3. The water absorption and elasticity are not obvious.
4. The hand feels like plastic, with poor restorability, and the thickness of the folds are similar to each other.
5. Strong plastic taste, no fur taste.
6. After burning, the flame is relatively strong, shrinks rapidly, and has an unpleasant plastic smell. It becomes sticky after burning, and becomes hard and lumpy after cooling.
The combustion products of Faux Leather materials, such as chlorine compounds, chlorine gas, and nitrogen-containing compounds, are harmful to human health. Therefore, we cannot burn these man-made materials casually.